I - Trademark Registration in Egypt
Egypt is a party to the Madrid Agreement concerning international registration of trademarks (Act of Stockholm of 1967) as from March 6, 1975 . The international classification of goods and services (Nice Classification) is followed in Egypt .
Trademark applications approved by the Registrar are published in the Official Gazette. There is a three-month period from the date of publication during which any interested party may file an opposition notice.
In the absence of opposition, a published trademark is registered, and the relative certificate is issued.
A trademark registration is valid for ten years from the date of filing the trademark application.
Requirements for filing a
• A Legalized power of attorney up to the Egyptian Embassy or
Consulate at your end.
• A copy of an extract of the commercial register or certificate
incorporation of applicant .
• List of goods and class covered by each mark.
• Name, nationality, full address, legal status, profession &
of business of
• Twenty prints of each mark.